Activities and thoughts outside of my work with Barnraiser. Read my CV for professional information.

Email me

Your email address will be used to me to reply to you. It is not kept.

Please solve the following mathematical problem so that we know you are a human.

Example: 2 * 2 = 4 or 0 - 9 = -9

  • I've just spent three days on Pärlan with the sole aim of getting her as dry as possible.

    There are two aspects to this; stopping rain water getting in and getting airflow through the hull to dry her out.

    I started with taping over the cracks you can see in her wheelhouse. This is very ugly, but it will hold out the water until the Summer when I can re-fiberglass and paint it.

    The bow (front) of the boat has a sleeping area which has been lined with polystyrene foam and pine stripping. All that has to come out to let the air circulate around the hull.

    After several hours I got the floor up and was able to take a look in the bilge (the middle bottom of the boat).

    After removing about 9 buckets of water we can now see the bottom of the boat!

    Getting to the engine was difficult (it is green and to the left of the white wall) so I needed to remove all the old woodwork around the engine to give me plenty of room to service it.

    Here everything is stripped out and the engine is more visible. I sat down after this and realized that Pärlan is actually a very spacious boat!

    She has a fantastic curve which I hope will show up even better with some new flooring in her.

    The engine is now visible and easy to work on. Before I do that though I have to clean out a huge amount of old wood. I have a bicycle trailer and hopefully if the weather is good next weekend I'll take the good stuff back home to dry out and find a Valborg (May day) fire for the rest of it.

    More soon.